Personal Training at the J
You and your family can benefit from Personal Training services no matter your goal(s): balance/stability, sports performance, injury prevention, bodybuilding, triathlon conditioning, prenatal fitness, disease management, special accommodations, weight loss or simply a desire to look and feel great!
Our nationally-certified personal trainers will customize a program to meet your unique needs, creating a safe and effective way to reach your goals. Programs may include cardiovascular exercise, resistance and/or functional training, or stretching, all with an individualized goal-oriented focus.
The J offers personal training in several forms and formats:
Package discounts available for all training.
FREE assessment tool, available four times per year to all members:
- Determines your true body age in terms of fitness and health – vs. your chronological age
- Builds a plan to improve your fitness with a realistic time frame
Personal Training Session(s)
One-on-one personal training.
- 55-minute session, $60-75
- 30-minute session, $37-50
- By appointment.
Semi-Private Personal Training
Choose a training partner and improve your fitness levels and quality of life with a challenging, goal-oriented, customized fitness program. Training with another offers benefits in motivation, dedication and inspiration.
- 2-3 people, 55-minute sessions, $40-50 per person
- 2-3 people, 30-minute sessions, $26-35
- By appointment
Team training is fun, motivating and challenging – plus, it’s an affordable way to experience the benefits of personal training. Each person will undergo an assessment to measure baseline goals and ability, and will be re-tested to ensure progress. Team exercise helps to instill camaraderie, competition and, of course, RESULTS!
- 4-6 people, 55-minute session, $20 per person
- One or two sessions per week over four weeks
- By appointment
Goal-Specific Personal Training Programs
Mobility Express: Flexibility Training
Mobility and flexibility is a critical component of physical performance and is equally important for your overall health. Simply “stretching” may not be enough or as effective as the techniques trainers can offer. In a series of 15-minute sessions, our trainers employ a variety of partner-assisted stretching and foam rolling techniques to maximize your results.
Benefits may include:
- Reduced arthritic symptoms
- Improved physical performance
- Improved posture and range of motion
- Decreased deterioration of joints
- Reduced risk of pain (low back, joints, muscles)
- Improved muscle coordination and overall movement
Express Mobility is purchased in bundles of four, 15-minute sessions.
$60 (package of 4 sessions)
12 yrs and older
Looking for an edge in your sport? Our professional training staff will devise a program to fit your needs. Several trainers are former athletes from a variety of sports…some of whom are still competitive runners, tri-athletes or coaches. Not only can these trainers improve your performance and conditioning, but they can also help you hone your sport-specific skills. Improve your flexibility, balance and movement as it relates to your chosen sport. Workouts can be tailored to the following sports:
- Field sports (football, soccer, softball/baseball)
- Court sports (basketball, tennis, volleyball, racquetball/squash)
- Racing (marathon running, triathlons, cycling, track)
- Mixed Martial Arts
$60-75 (55-minute session)
55 yrs and older
Believe it or not, falls leading to fractured bones is the leading cause of mortality in people ages 65 years and older. We cannot control everything that happens in our lives, however; you can take action to reduce your risk and improve your health.
$37-50 (30-minute session)
To be matched with a J personal trainer or to schedule your free POLAR BodyAge assessment, contact:
Bernie Suddarth, 314-442-3452