Pool Hours & Procedures
- General Hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 5:30am-8pm
- Friday: 5:30am-5:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 7am-5:30pm
- Lap Lane Schedule
We are excited to announce that we have partnered with the British Swim School to teach lessons at the Marilyn Fox Building in Chesterfield. We will continue to offer the J’s own Splash Academy at the Staenberg Family Complex in Creve Coeur.
The British Swim School (BSS) has been dedicated to teaching water survival skills to children as young as three months for more than 40 years. Like the J, BSS believes it is mission-critical to teach children to swim and to be safe while enjoying the water. With its large instructor base and our large pool, we will be able to serve even more families in the Chesterfield area.
BSS lessons will be available at various times each day. Our schedules above reflect our pool availability for our members, but if you want more information about the BSS-specific schedule, please click here.
We welcome the BSS staff and the families who will be bringing their children to Chesterfield to learn to swim. We are so pleased to be able to offer these two excellent swim programs at the J.
Swimming Pool Rules
- When the pool is busy, swim lanes will be shared.
- Two swimmers should split the lane, swimming side by side.
- Three of more swimmers should circle swim counterclockwise.
- Lifeguards may assist you with selecting the appropriate lane or ask you to move if your speed is not similar to those in your lane.
- Enter the water feet first from the shallow end. It is the responsibility of the swimmer entering the water to make sure the lane is clear of other swimmers.
- Slower swimmers must yield to faster swimmers.
- Be aware of your space in the lane and the orientation of others. If you are approaching the wall and another lap swimmer is gaining on you and swimming at a faster pace, pause at the wall to allow the faster swimmer to pass.
- Pass on the left side. If you are the slower swimmer and are being overtaken at the turn, stop and wait until the other swimmer has pushed off the wall.
- A pass must be initiated in time to overtake the slower swimmer before the wall.
- When using kickboards, please be aware of other swimmers in your lane and their need to pass.
- Swimmers are required to follow the circle swim pattern. The customary traffic pattern is to stay to the right; that is to swim in a counterclockwise circle in the lane.
- It is the responsibility of the swimmer entering the lane to be sure that all other swimmers in that lane are aware of their presence and the necessary traffic pattern.
- Always swim complete laps. Avoid stopping in the middle of the lane; this can interfere with the progress of other swimmers and cause collisions.
- Stop only at the wall and once stopped, stay in the corner of the lane, preferably in the left hand corner (from the perspective of the approach of the wall). Other lap swimmers need space to turn, always leave the middle third of the water clear for turning purposes.
General Pool Rules
- Proper swim attire is required.
- Please obey lifeguard at all times. The lifeguard has final authority.
- In the event of lightning or bad weather, the pool will be closed and will reopen 30 minutes from the time of the last lightning sighting. All guests must leave the pool decks and head inside the J building at this time.
- No outside food or drink is allowed.
- Sessions of instruction or any form of aquatics training are to be conducted only by employees of the J. No outside contracting or non-approved private instruction is allowed.
- Children under eight years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times. If the child is a non-swimmer, an adult must be in the water with the child.
- Swimmers are to shower before entering the pools.
- Admission shall be refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges or any other condition which has the appearance of being infectious.
- Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions that have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages, or having any considerable area of exposed sub-epidermal tissue, open blisters, cuts, etc., should be warned that these are likely to become infected and advised not to enter the swimming pool.
- Persons with incontinence should wear protective undergarments. Children who are not toilet-trained must wear swim diapers.
- Running, pushing, obscene language, rough play and prolonged breath holding is prohibited.
- Starting blocks are for swim team and lesson-use only.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, etc., in the pool or gutters is strictly prohibited.
- Furniture is not allowed in the water.
- Sitting on the half-wall in the warm water recreational pool is not allowed.
- No food, drink or glass containers allowed on deck.
- Flotation devices, ball throwing, etc. may be restricted.
- Diving is permitted in designated areas only.
- General slide rules:
- All riders on this slide must be supervised by a parent or other responsible adult.
- Non-swimmers are not permitted on the slide.
- Maximum rider weight is 100 pounds.
- Maximum rider height is 48”.
- Only one rider at a time.
- Absolutely no trains or chains of riders are permitted.
- Follow the instructions of the slide lifeguard at all times.
- Wait until splashdown landing area is clear before entering or going down the slide. Leave the landing zone promptly after coming to a complete stop.
- Riders must enter the slide in a sitting position and wait for instructions from the lifeguard stationed at the Kiddie Slide.
- Riders should sit up while riding the slide with the arms resting on their lap. Riders should not stand up or lie down while using the slide. All riders must go down the slide feet first. At no time should the rider attempt to stand up while on the slide or prior to coming to a complete stop in the splash out area.
- Arms and hands must remain inside the flume.
- No combs or foreign objects are allowed in pockets, and no jewelry can be worn while riding the slide. No cutoff jeans or swim wear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation; only approved swim suits allowed.
- No tubes or mats are permitted on the waterslide.
- Riders must be in good health. Elderly persons, those suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, or persons using prescription medications should consult their physician before using this slide. Individuals with medical conditions including, but not limited to, pregnancy, heart or back problems should not ride.
- Do not use this slide while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- No diving from the slide.
Kiddie Slide Rules
- All riders must be at the least 48” tall.
- Maximum rider weight is 300 pounds.
- Riders must enter the slide in a sitting position and wait for instructions from the lifeguard at the top of the slide.
- Splash down area must be clear before sliding.
- Riders must lie on their backs at all times. Do not sit up while riding the slide.
- Do not pull or propel yourself into the ride.
- No combs or foreign objects are allowed in pockets and no jewelry can be worn while riding the slide. No cutoff jeans or swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation; only approved swimsuits allowed.
- Do not go down the slide head first.
- No running, standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling or stopping in the flume. Arms and hands must remain inside the flume at all times. Riders should remain in proper riding position until forward movement is terminated. At no time should the rider attempt to stand up while on the slide or prior to coming to a complete stop in the splash out area.
- Only one rider at a time. Absolutely no trains or chains of riders are permitted.
- No tubes, mats, or life jackets are permitted on the water slide.
- Riders must be in good health. Elderly persons, those suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, or persons using prescription medication should consult their physician before using this slide. Individuals with medical conditions including, but not limited to, pregnancy, heart or back problems should not ride.
- Do not use this slide while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- No diving from the slide.
- Leave the splash down area promptly after entering.
- Non-swimmers are not permitted.
- Rider assumes all risk of injury due to misuse of this slide or failure to follow these rules.
- Lifeguard must be on duty.
- Experienced swimmers only.
- Only one climber at a time on the AquaClimb.
- Only one swimmer at a time in the Drop Zone.
- No diving. Feet-first entries only.
- Exit pool using the ladder at the side of pool.
- Flotation devices are not permitted.
The J is serious about swimming – your membership gets you access to five pools between our two locations. Whether it’s time for your child (or you) to learn to swim, or you’re just looking for some water fun on cold winter day, we have options for you. The J has one of the best aquatics programs and swim experiences in St. Louis.
Swimming at the Staenberg Family Complex in Creve Coeur
This four-lane, 25-yard pool is used for lap swimming, J Sharks Swim Club and other aquatic programming, as well as various water fitness classes.
This pool provides two, 18-yard lap lanes, a long and short water walking course and an area for the J Splash Academy and water fitness classes, plus a kids’ area and two slides – a big spiral and a slope. This pool is perfect for all ages and offers fountains, interactive play elements and zero depth entry.
Ideal for smaller children, this zero-entry depth pool with large umbrellas, water spouts, wading area and toddler-test aqua play gym is perfect for families who are ready to introduce their children to water fun.
With 25-meter and 25-yard lap swimming, huge curly-q slide, diving board, tree swing and aqua climb wall, the J is proud to offer one of the coolest and most fun outdoor pools in St. Louis. This pool hosts the J Day Campers and the J Sharks Swim Team every summer.
Swimming at the Marilyn Fox Building in Chesterfield
This 6-lane competition pool hosts the west branch of the J Sharks Swim Club and J Splash Academy, as well as water fitness classes. Stairs and an access ramp are available in this pool for ease of entry, and the water is kept at 84 degrees. Lap swimming and water walking are available during select times in the Millstone pool.
The recreational pool, open during the summer months, boasts an open- and closed-tube water slide, lap lanes, climbing wall, plus a zero depth area with a play structure for small children.
For information, please contact:
Creve Coeur: Heather Cheseman, 314-442-3296