Exploring, Living and Connecting Jewishly at the J
Jewish values and identity are explored through educational, cultural and social programs that are open to anyone in the St. Louis community. We offer a unique, pluralistic environment, and Jewish programming that attracts people from all backgrounds, observance levels, experiences, denominations, affiliations and orientations.
- Nishmah: The St. Louis Jewish Women’s Project engages women and girls of all ages in Jewish learning and identity building.
- Cultural Arts offerings with Jewish content include New Jewish Theater, the St. Louis Jewish Book Festival, and the St. Louis Jewish Film Festival.
- The Center for Jewish Community Life engages Jews of all denominations and backgrounds to increase involvement in and connection to Jewish life in order to further the identity and continuity of the Jewish community for future generations. The center coordinates programs such as:
- The Jewish Arts & Soul Project, featuring Jewish themed art, spiritual, health and wellness workshops for adults in their 20’s through 50’s.
- The Family Center, offering classes, playgroups, parenting workshops and Jewish holiday programs for parents of children 0-5.
- Events such as the Can We Talk?(in partnership with the St. Louis Jewish Light newspaper) lecture series, family Israel trips, the annual Passover Family Community Seder and much more.
- Songleader Boot Camp, the premiere Jewish leadership conference in North America, training Jewish professional leaders.
- Special outreach program for Israelis living in St. Louis to engage them with the rest of the organized Jewish community.
The J is a true community resource. We strive to create innovative programs and opportunities for you and your family so you can make connections within yourself and the community.
For further information about any of our Jewish engagement programs and activities contact Director of Jewish Engagement, Rabbi Brad Horwitz (email@example.com), 314-442-3271.