Life as a full-time caregiver can be difficult. The Adult Day Center at the J is here to help.
Adult Day Centers have been shown to help caregivers:
- Reduce levels of depression and anxiety
- Improve physical health
- Take better care of their selves
- Have lower mortality rates than non-caregivers of the same age
- Have lower levels of family stress that can lead to premature aging
According to a Penn State article dated March 24, 2014, “Family caregivers show an increase in the beneficial stress hormone DHEA-S on days when they use an adult day service for their relatives with dementia.”
The Adult Day Center at the J might be a better option for your family than in-home care, a nursing home, or other senior living options, offering:
- Flexible Scheduling – Open weekdays 7:30am to 6pm
- Social Interaction – Feelings of isolation can quickly lead to depression. Adult day services provide the stimulation your loved one needs in order to feel like a productive, active member of society.
- Peace of Mind – In addition to socialization, delicious kosher meals and snacks, and a change of pace, we offer a medical model of care, including a registered nurse available on site who is able to dispense all types of medications, including injections, inhalers, and controlled substances.
- Specialized Care – We are staffed to care for seniors in the early to middle stages of Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Independence for you and for your loved ones. Those who cannot be left at home alone can have the daytime supervision they need at the ADC, freeing up time for you and your other responsibilities.