J Day Camp Mission: Play. Connect. Grow.
The mission of the J Day Camps is to provide a fun, safe, and inclusive community for all campers and staff. Through innovative programming, our expert staff promotes physical and emotional development and imparts universal Jewish values. The J Day Camps’ enriching experience allows its participants to develop valuable skills, meaningful friendships, and lifelong memories.
J Day Camps Philosophy
J Day Camps are operated for the maximum benefit of campers. While efforts are made to provide for the needs of our employees, CAMPERS COME FIRST.
Our philosophy is to teach campers new skills, not just teach new skills to campers.
We believe J Day Camps should be fun! Fun at J Day Camps means:
- A caring, nurturing, and safe environment
- Engaging experiential learning about Jewish values, culture and history, as well as about the importance of the land of Israel to the Jewish people
- The opportunity to make friends
- A place for self-esteem enhancement
- The chance to explore new interests
- Age-appropriate programs
- The opportunity to develop and improve skills
- A structure where sportsmanship is emphasized
- Appreciation for and promotion of diversity
- Appreciation for nature and comfort in the outdoors
- An outlet for creativity and talent
- A place where young adults become positive role models and teachers for their campers