Summer Camps for Every Kid
The J may be closed, but we’re still having camp fun online. Find and follow us on Facebook for daily activities!
2020 Camp Dates: Monday – Friday, May 26 – August 21
Camps in Creve Coeur | Camps in Chesterfield
We have a camp for every kid, and every kid is welcome at the J.
J Day Camps have served four generations of campers promoting happiness, growth and friendship. We offer a wide variety of weekly summer camps for children ages 3-15. Our camps include Traditional, Sports, Art, Gymnastics, Drama, Teen, PreK, Leadership Development, and more! Plus swimming, lunch, field trips and even better pre- and post-care. We have the best summer camps!
Why J Day Camps?
- Come early, have fun, stay late: Our Pre- and Post-camp options allow you and your camper to extend the length of their camp day to fit your schedules. Pre-camp is offered 7am-9am and Post-camp is offered 3pm-6pm, expanding on our core day of 9am-3pm.
- Caring, well-trained, professional staff: Our staff is led by full-time, year-round camp professionals who guide and train our summer team through 30+ hours of training on how to “think like a parent, act like a friend.”
- A camp where all are welcome: J Day Camps encourage diversity – campers of all backgrounds are welcome. Our campers and staff are diverse in every way imaginable, including personality, creativity, athletic ability, ethnicity, culture, developmental ability, gender, and religion. Our community allows your camper to feel at ease and to learn more about other people in the world we all share.
- Award-winning, on-site swimming programs: Most campers swim daily at J Day Camps without ever losing precious time on a bus. Our on-site swimming facilities provide free swim and swim lessons taught by our certified swim instructors.
- Accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA): The American Camp Association, or ACA, is a community of camp professionals who have joined together to share knowledge and experience to ensure the quality of camp programs. Our camp is a proud member of, and accredited by, the American Camp Association. This means we maintain industry standards, are annually reviewed, and are committed to providing a safe and nurturing camp community, focusing on campers.
- Weekly all-camp programming, events and guests: Each week is something new at J Day Camp. Whether you’re with us for one week or thirteen, you can rest easy knowing there are exciting activities and a special event or guest every week!
- Potpourri of camps: Summer is your camper’s chance to escape the pressures of school and try all the new things they desire. With so many camp options each week, your camper can bounce from one interest to the next without ever changing your carpool routine.
- Kosher lunch available: Sign up for our Plus Lunch Program. Campers in this program are provided with a kosher and nut-free lunch, including entrée, vegetable or fruit, drink, and dessert – all for $30 per week.
- Come for one week, all 13 weeks or any number in between: With each session lasting one week, campers are able to spend as much of their summer with us as possible without interfering with other plans. Our system allows campers to experience all we have to offer or remain in the same camp all summer long.
For questions about J Day Camps, please contact:
Brad Chotiner, Camp Director, 314-442-3423
Jess Sanders, Day Camps Coordinator, 314-442-3432
What fun would summer be without swimming? Both J locations have indoor and outdoor pools, and most campers participate in certified swim instruction and/or free swim daily.
The J Day Camps welcome diversity!
The J Day Camps encourage diversity. Campers of all backgrounds are welcome. We instill a sense of community and connection to Jewish culture, values and history. Jewish values are integrated into our programs and activities in a manner which appeals to people of all faiths.
Everyone can camp at the J!
Many campers benefit from additional staff support, but we do not assume that all children with disabilities will require 1:1 support. Our Inclusion Supervisor will work with you to determine if 1:1 support will be beneficial and available for your child. If it is determined that your child will benefit from additional staff support, the level of support will be based on the specific needs of your child. Our goal is to fully integrate your child into the camp program. We observe each child in the Inclusion program throughout the summer and communicate with counselors and parents to help ensure success and make modifications when needed.
Inclusion support for qualified campers is dependent on availability of staff, and space is limited. We strongly recommend that you submit both your camp registration and inclusion intake forms as early as possible. Preference will be given to those families who register before March 5 for the entire summer. Next preference will be given to families who register before March 5 for the greatest number of weeks. In addition, all J day camp registration forms and inclusion intake forms must be completed and submitted no later than May 1 to be considered.
- Inclusion support is dependent on the availability of staff and the recommendation of our Inclusion Supervisor
- Preference will be given to families who register before March 5 for the greatest number of weeks
- Contact: Shamecka Nichols, M.Ed, Inclusion Supervisor, 314-442-3295
Click here to learn more about inclusion.
To apply for financial assistance, download a scholarship application or contact Sally Lang, 314-442-3241. In order to be considered for financial assistance, a Day Camp Registration, non-refundable deposit, and scholarship application must be on file within two weeks of registering. Due to the high volume of applications, the scholarship process takes three-four weeks. Day camp scholarship applications will only be accepted through April 15. However, scholarship dollars are limited and awarded on a need-based first come-first served basis.