A Camp for Every Kid
2018 Camp Dates: May 29 – August 10
Registration is Now Open
Early Bird Registration Ends March 8
This year, J Day Camps offer even more! We’ve lined up awesome partners to expand our selections: arts camps with Craft Alliance, STEAM camps in partnership with Saul Mirowitz Jewish Community School, and sports camps with Hi-NRG, Scott Gallagher, the St. Louis Blues and more! Plus swimming, lunch, field trips and even better pre- and post-care. It’s going to be a great summer! We have a camp for every kid, and every kid is welcome at the J.
The J has provided Day Camp experiences that promote happiness, growth and friendships for four generations of campers. We offer a variety of weekly camps for children ages 3-15, including traditional, sports, arts, gymnastics, STEM, pre-school, teen, leadership development and more. All of our activities help campers develop self-esteem, confidence, leadership and friendships.
What Makes J Day Camps the Best?
- 12 year-round camp professionals: Our camp directors aren’t hired for the summer. They’re full-time employees who work with children all year.
- Variety of camps: Traditional, sports, art, gymnastics, STEAM, teen, etc.
- Choices within camps: Campers choose their afternoon activities such as racquetball, chess, gardening, fencing and more.
- Swim lessons onsite: our campers swim daily!
- State-of-the-art indoor and outdoor facilities
- Full-day options: Enjoy camp 7am-6pm with pre- and post-care.
What fun would summer be without swimming? Both J locations have outdoor and indoor pools, so there’s no need to spend time riding a bus to enjoy the pool. All campers receive certified swim instruction or enjoy recreational swim daily.
The J Day Camps welcome diversity!
Campers of all backgrounds are welcomed regardless of race, faith or national origin. We instill a sense of community and connection to Jewish culture, values and history. Jewish values are integrated into our programs and activities in a manner which appeals to people of all faiths.
Everyone can camp at the J!
The J invites and welcomes ALL persons, including those with disabilities, to participate in camp and other programs. Individualized inclusion support is available to campers with developmental disabilities who may need support in a camp environment. This service is tailored to best fit your camper’s needs as discussed among parents, camper and coordinator. 1:1 support is limited, and we may not be able to accommodate all families who apply.Contact Sara Carpenter, Inclusion Coordinator, 314-442-3295, for more information about our inclusion program.
Click here to learn more about inclusion.
To apply for financial assistance, download a scholarship application or contact Sally Lang at 314.442.3241. A Day Camp application, non-refundable deposit and scholarship application must be submitted in order to be considered. Scholarship dollars are limited. Applications must be received no later than April 15, 2018, with payment arrangements made prior to the start of camp. Due to the high volume of applications, the scholarship process can take 3-4 weeks.
If you have any questions, call Brad Chotiner, Camp Director, at 314-442-3423.
Register online or via our paper form in 2018!
Paper Form Registration Information
Return your completed application and forms:
Mail – J Day Camps, Attn: Michelle Carbone, 2 Millstone Campus Drive, St. Louis MO 63146
Email – Michelle Carbone
In Person: at either J location
Download your forms:
- 2018 Application
- Camp Waiver and Release
- Medication Consent/Behavior Policy
- Physician Statement & Consent to Treat
Online Registration Information
1. If anyone in your household is a J member or has participated in ANY J program (even if they are not a member), your family has an existing J account. PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT!
a. To access your account please go to jccstl.org and click on My J Account at the top of the homepage.
b. If you do not know or have forgotten your username or password please click on the Forgot Password link.
i. If you do not recall the email address associated with your account, email Michelle Carbone.
2. If you do not have an existing J account, you may register as a nonmember and create an account.
3. During online registration, if you need to make a correction or go back in the registration, click the back button at the bottom of the page. Do not click the home icon on the top as this will restart the registration process, not saving any previous selections.
Please note that early bird, holiday, and bundle discounts will be calculated and applied on the summary page.
a. Please complete each child’s registration, including payment, separately. Otherwise, discounts will not be calculated correctly.
i. Sibling Discount will be added by registrar after registration process is complete.
4. You will be prompted to download these additional forms during the online registration:
a. The Registration/Payment Policies–please read carefully.
b. Physician’s Statement 2018 – Must be completed, signed by a physician, and returned by May 11, 2018.
5. When adding a new credit card to your J account to pay the Day Camp deposit, the billing address field has a 20 character limit. If the address has more than 20 characters, please enter only the first 20.
6. To add, cancel, or switch weeks in your camper’s schedule after submitting the online registration, please contact Michelle Carbone.
Terms and Conditions
- A credit card must be on file for ALL registrations. Please fill out the credit card information to be used for camp payments and additional camp charges. This authorizes all Day Camp payments to be charged to this credit card.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit per child is required to complete a registration and will be applied toward camp fees.
- All camp fees must be paid in full by May 15. If registering after May 1, camp fees must be paid in full with registration.
- Applications submitted less than one week prior to the start of camp are assessed an additional $25 processing fee.
- Registrations are only accepted until 11:59pm the Wednesday before a session begins.
- A $25 camp change fee is assessed for the second and each subsequent requested change to a camper’s schedule.
- Notify the Day Camp Operations Coordinator in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org of any cancellations.
- Cancellation of entire registration, at least 14 days prior to the start of camp, results in a full refund; less the non-refundable deposit (deposit is not withheld if a portion of registration remains).
- No refund is issued for any programming that begins within 14 days of cancellation notice.
- No pro-rated or full refund shall be permitted if a camper leaves before the end of the period for which he or she has been registered.
- No refunds for missing camp due to illnesses. We do not offer partial payment for days missed.