A youth fitness orientation is mandatory for children 12-15 years old who would like to use the fitness centers at either J location. This 30-minute course will teach youth how to safely and effectively use the cardiovascular and strength equipment in our fitness centers. After completing the course successfully, participants will be allowed independent use of the fitness centers. Participants will learn the following:
- how to do basic exercise
- guidelines for using free weights, weight machines and cardio equipment
- risks and benefits of resistance training
- how to develop a safe and effective resistance training program
Participants must complete a registration form and medical clearance before making an appointment. Registration includes a physician’s release, Par-Q and liability form.
(Must complete packet before making an appointment)
For ages 7 and older.
Enhance your chance for athletic success.
Body control is imperative to succeed in sports. Our certified personal trainers want to assist in developing how to control one’s body at any given time, or at any given speed – both effectively and efficiently. Sports are wildly reactive and chaotic and require the ability to change speed and direction in an instant. We’ll properly prepare you to compete at the highest level, utilizing your strength and speed to create body control.
Teams or groups of players are encouraged to register for this one-time free clinic to see how the J personal training staff can increase and improve your performance. We will address minimizing injury risk while maximizing power, development and performance.
Contact Bernie Suddarth at 314-442-3452 to arrange a Sports Performance Clinic for your team.
Staenberg Family Complex or Marilyn Fox Building
One-time FREE clinic
Teams or multiple players required (minimum five participants)
12 years of age and older. Our certified personal trainers are here to help your child fall in love with fitness! Getting into a physical training program and staying active can help you son or daughter in immeasurable ways. From their own self-confidence, to helping avoid chronic disease and even academic achievement, children who get into physical activity early are inclined to have a positive outlook on fitness and make it part of their long-term routine. Let our trainers put together the correct plan of action for your child so they can fall in love with fitness!
Benefits often also include:
- general health
- preventing injuries
- having a healthy body image
- promoting positive mental health
- building strong bones and muscles
- affecting a child’s academic achievement by improving concentration,
- memory and classroom behavior
- helping to avoid burnout by making fitness fun
- specialized conditioning for sports or other activities
- creating a lifelong association of enjoyment and fitness
Programs may include cardiovascular exercises, resistance, functional training and/or stretching, all with an individualized, goal-oriented focus.
Staenberg Family Complex & Marilyn Fox Building
55 minute & 30 minute sessions
Call for pricing; Package discounts available
Ages 12 – 15.
This is an educational, beneficial and fun program for your adolescent! This exclusive J program provides an avenue for our young members to learn an experience a wide variety of physical activities in a small group setting. Activities may include active skills development, strength training techniques, sports fundamentals and conditioning methods.
- Instruction on proper exercise guidelines for youth populations
- Development of muscular strength, endurance, power, coordination, speed, balance and agility
- Dedicated attention from a J trainer with youth fitness experience
- 55-minute sessions
- $96/month for eight-week commitment ($12/each session)
- Individual sessions are $15 (minimum three people)
Andy Hayes, 314-442-3147