- This event has passed.
Sharsheret Supports STL: How Hereditary Cancer Risk Affects Men
February 15 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
We look forward to having you join us this evening at 7pm central time for Let’s Talk About Men: Understanding and Managing Hereditary Cancer Risk. We will begin letting everyone into the room at 6:50pm and the program will begin promptly at 7pm. To join the Zoom meeting, click: https://jccstl.zoom.us/j/88380528240?pwd=RXRzUXZlcmdzSW9pYzRjWjhiYjBkZz09 Call in number: 312-626-6799.
Sharsheret Supports STL Presents
Let’s Talk About Men
Understanding and Managing Hereditary Cancer Risk
Tuesday, February 15, 7pm
Virtual Event (link provided the week of the event)
Open to all men and women
- Medical professionals explain why hereditary cancer is not just a woman’s issue and what the breast cancer gene (BRCA) means for men.
- Men with a hereditary cancer gene mutation (BRCA, CHEK2, etc.) are at a greater risk for developing cancer including prostate, colon, pancreatic and others.
- Suzanne Mahon, RN DNSC, AOCN, AGN-BC FAAN, Saint Louis University Hematology and Oncology
- Jacob Ark, MD – Urologist, Urology of St. Louis, Focus on localized and advanced prostate cancer
- Lynne Kipnis, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist, Sharsheret Supports STL Advisory Committee Chair
- Plus a personal story about what it means to be a male with a BRCA gene mutation
This is a free event. RSVP online.