Getting Your Fitness Started
Welcome to week one of the 100 Day Fitness Challenge! We’re excited to start this journey with you, and our hope is that at the end of the 100 days you will have developed a new fitness habit that makes it easy for you to stay healthy and feel great!
Goals for Week One
1. Record your measurements at the Fitness Desk. Don’t worry if you missed our kick-off! Check in with desk staff to record your starting weight.
2. Start working out! All habits must start somewhere. We’re looking for at least 10 minutes of activity in the blue zone or above as recorded by your MYZONE monitor. Each workout earns you one entry in our grand prize drawing (limit one entry per day).
Helpful Tips to Get You Started
1. Eat a healthy breakfast. Eating breakfast starts your day off on the right foot and gives you fuel for the day that will help you make better food decisions throughout the day.
2. Get moving. Walk where you can, whenever you can. Walk to a co-worker’s desk instead of sending an email. Take a lap around the block. You don’t have to take long or intense walks, but try to add a few more steps to your day.
3. Find a workout buddy. It may not be for everyone, but for a lot of people, having a buddy to meet for workouts helps with accountability and enjoyability. If your friends’ workout schedules don’t work with yours, check out our small group training and group exercise options.
4. Make it easier to get a full night’s sleep. Blocking out unwanted noise, keeping your room cooler and making sure your bedroom is dark enough are all ways to help perfect your sleeping environment.
5. Play with your pet. Your furry friend does a great job of reducing stress in your life, and reducing stress in your life makes it easier to keep your fitness goals. Also, putting effort into playtime with your pet may be a great way to get your MEPs for the day!
6. Spend time with positive people. When getting started with a new habit or lifestyle change, it’s important to surround yourself with people who support you and can give you encouragement. Make plans with your support system this week to absorb some positivity.
7. Review your MYZONE app/emails. Seeing what you have accomplished will keep you motivated, allow you to see your progress and keep you focused on your goals.