- This event has passed.
RE:Treat – Jewish Young Adults Retreat
September 8 @ 8:00 am - September 10 @ 5:00 pm
Young Adults 22-36. Join the J for the 2nd annual Re:Treat for young professionals! With Camp Sabra as a beautiful backdrop, we created a Shabbat experience to interact with the corners of the Jewish community that do not see regular programming. RE:Treat allows participants to:
- Experience the joyous Judaism which is uniquely created in a camp setting
- Connect to their Jewish identities outside of traditional environments
- Connect with other Jews in their age groups, creating a sense of belonging
This fall, we plan to build on last year’s success and want YOU to join us. Spend the Shabbat before Rosh Hashanah with your peers in a magical camp setting. Plans include Kabbalat Shabbat overlooking the lake, alternative Shabbat morning service options, killer kosher food, laid-back afternoon camp activities, and much more!
We’re excited to share that Carla Friend will be our Songleader again this year! Carla is the Founder and Executive Director of Tkiya, an organization with the mission of creating joyful Jewish connections through participatory music experiences. She is a 2018 recipient of the Young Pioneers Award from the Jewish Education Project, a 2019 recipient of 36 Under 36 from the Jewish Week, is on the musical team for Temple of the Stranger, and hosts a JKids Radio show called Tkiya Town. Carla has an album of family-friendly Jewish music called Challalalah, and she writes Jewish music for adults as well. She is very excited to be back for round two of RE:Treat!
Friday, September 8 – Sunday, September 10
Last October, we began this wonderful experience, and after the weekend, we heard loud and clear that we should do it again this year. Here is what everyone said:
- The Net Promoter Score was 90.91 (would recommend to a friend).
- 100% of respondents indicated that they had made a friend/met someone new at the retreat.
- 72.3% of respondents indicated that their Jewish knowledge increased as a result of their retreat attendance.