Five Things We’re Excited About for the Summer
Summer is almost here and we couldn’t be more excited. The past year has been tough for everyone, and last summer surely doesn’t count as a “real” summer. This year, we look forward to a summer that’s a little closer to normal. Here are five things that we can hardly wait for this summer.
1. Pools – Need we say more? We’re so ready for swimming and catching some rays on the J’s pool deck that we’re opening the pools early, starting May 15! Open weekends until Memorial Day. Don’t forget – Reservations are required for lap swimming at our indoor pools and weekend recreational swim at our outdoor pools. Click here for more information about reservations. The J complies with St. Louis County guidelines, which currently states that masks are not required while sitting or lounging on the pool deck but are required while moving about (e.g., to and from the restroom).
2. Day Camp – What would summer be without J Day Camps? Well, it would be a lot less fun for the kids, that’s for sure. Every child is welcome at the J, and our camps feature activities kids love most – like swimming, sports, gymnastics and arts. Campers in 3rd-6th grades even get to choose most of their daily activities! Your kids deserve to have fun this summer, and you deserve a break! J Day Camps are here to help with both. Sign your kiddos up here: https://jccstl.com/camps-afterschool/j-day-camps/
3. Camp Sabra – Speaking of camp, we’re so excited that Camp Sabra will be back this year after having to sit out 2020. The Camp Sabra family is made up of campers in third through tenth grades and our amazing staff. Together, we build a kind, tightly-knit community each summer as we create lifelong memories. Our campers and staff come from all over the world, and bring their own experiences and perspectives on life that make each Camp Sabra summer unique and irreplaceable. Our campers explore their creative sides through our music, art and theatre programs, while our excursions, river trips, water sports, high-ropes courses, zip line (and more) encourage our campers to discover their sense of adventure. Our activities aim to help campers build confidence and to discover what they enjoy. Get outside this summer! There are no video games or texting at Camp Sabra – just fresh air, sunshine and a chance to explore new experiences! To discover more about Camp Sabra , please visit us at campsabra.com
4. Used Book Sale – It’s back! Browse thousands of books in our Performing Arts Center from August 22 – 26. With titles in every genre, we know you’ll discover that perfect poolside read. Proceeds benefit the Cultural Arts Department and help bring great authors, films and theater to St. Louis.
5. Jewish Film Festival – Summer is prime time for the box office, and that includes the St. Louis Jewish Film Festival. This year’s Festival will be virtual, which means your entire household can watch the films on-demand from June 6 – 13. Conversations and interviews with filmmakers, documentary subjects and local speakers will accompany many of the programs and be available throughout the Festival. Check out the lineup here: https://jccstl.com/arts-ideas/st-louis-jewish-film-festival/events-film-schedule/