We are off to a great start after the kick off this past Sunday/Monday! Thank you so much for coming out and displaying a great effort! Remember, all participants are to stop by the fitness desk weekly and record your weight and body fat percent measures for that week. This can be done at anytime between Wednesday and Saturday during our operational hours. We are already in Week 1, so be sure to get your measures done by Saturday (January 16).
Below are a few tips to help you get started in improving your performance scores!
To See Improvements In:
- Body composition and Blood Pressure:
- Studies show that individuals are most successful with weight loss when they exercise a total of 250 minutes per week.
- Perform cardiovascular exercise most days of the week at appropriate intensities for your current fitness level.
- Wall sits: perform 2-3x per week for 2-3 sets of max seconds
- Push-ups: perform push-ups and other styles of presses 2-3x per week for 2-3 sets to fatigue
- Sit ups: perform 2-3x per week for 2-3 sets of max reps in 1 minute (just like the test)
- 12 minute test: perform walking/running workouts 3+ days per week. Some days working for endurance (30+ minutes) and other for distance in 12 minutes (just like the test itself)
Thank you, and good luck!
Written by Andy H., Assistant Fitness Manager