St. Louis Jewish Community Center Ticket Purchase Policy
Thank you for your interest in tickets for the event sponsored by the JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER (“JCC”). Please review the following terms and conditions relating to your purchase (“Terms”) prior to the purchase.
By purchasing the tickets for the event listed for sale by the JCC (the “Event”) on the Showpass.com website (“Showpass”), you agree to be bound by and comply with each of the Terms and Conditions of the JCC Ticket Purchase Policy.
- Showpass is a resale marketplace who markets and sells event tickets on behalf of third party event organizers such as the JCC.
- Tickets are priced by JCC based on its assessment of a number of factors including customer demand. This means tickets sold through Showpass may be priced above or below face value.
- When you place an order on Showpass, your order is not complete until you receive confirmation of the order.
- Once you place an order on Showpass, the order cannot be terminated. There are no cancellations, refunds, returns, or exchanges except as otherwise expressly provided for below.
- If you are relocated to a different seat, such as to abide by social distancing or safety measures, you will not qualify for a refund, credit, or return.
- If the Event is postponed or rescheduled (even if there is no new date then set for the Event), you understand that your order will not qualify for a refund, credit, or return, and that your tickets will only be valid for the respective rescheduled date.
- Your order may be fulfilled with similar or better tickets.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH EACH OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT THEN DO NOT PURCHASE A TICKET THROUGH SHOWPASS FOR THE EVENT.
- Future Changes to Terms and Conditions. The Bearer and/or Purchaser agree that JCC may, if it deems necessary, modify, add, remove, amend, update or revise the Terms upon notice to Bearer or Purchaser (collectively, “Revise” or “Revision(s)”) by posting such Revisions on JCC’s website, jccstl.com (the “Site”). These Revisions become effective immediately and relate back to the date of the purchase of the tickets through Showpass. For the purpose of this Agreement, “Bearer” shall mean the individual who will be presenting a valid ticket for admission to the Event and the Facility, and “Purchaser” shall mean the individual who purchases a valid Ticket for the Event through Showpass.
- Data Collection. In order to purchase a Ticket(s), Purchaser acknowledges and agrees that Purchaser may be required to provide personal information such as, but not limited to, name, email address, mailing address, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, financial information, age verification and/or country of residence (collectively, the “Personal Information”). Purchaser acknowledges and agrees that JCC may collect, store and use the Personal Information for legitimate business purposes, such as, but not limited to, updating Purchaser with its order status, responding to customer service requests, and providing updated information to Purchaser respecting the Event, among others. If Purchaser or Bearer does not agree with these terms and conditions, do not purchase a ticket and exit this website.
- License. The purchase of a valid ticket (“Ticket(s)”) by the Purchaser and the presentation of a valid ticket by the Bearer constitutes Purchaser and/or Bearer’s revocable license to enter the ticketed event at JCC and to access JCC facilities (the “Facility”) subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein (the “License”). JCC may revoke this License at any time without additional notification or compensation to Purchaser and Bearer, including denying Bearer access to the Facility.
- Minimum Age. The Bearer recognizes and understands that certain events may require that the Bearer have attained the age of 18 years or older on the date and time listed on the front of the Ticket. The Bearer will, at the request of JCC present identification acceptable to JCC evidencing that the Bearer is at least 18 years of age.
- Fees. Purchaser acknowledges and agrees that upon the purchase of a Ticket(s), through Showpass Purchaser shall be obligated to pay the face value of the Ticket(s) in addition to such service charges, shipping and handling charges, and taxes which shall be collected by Showpass. If Purchaser does not agree with these terms and conditions, do not purchase a ticket and exit this website.
- Refund Policy. The Ticket is not redeemable by the Bearer for cash. Once Facility doors are open, the Event, on that particular date, shall be deemed to have been delivered in its entirety and not subject to refunds. In the event that JCC cancels the Event, JCC may, in its sole discretion, elect to either issue a refund to the Purchaser or reschedule the Event in which case the Purchaser shall not be entitled to a refund. Under no circumstances shall Purchaser be entitled to a refund of any shipping, handling or other processing and/or servicing fees.
- Assumption of Risk; Mitigation.
a. JCC assumes no legal, financial, or other liability whatsoever for any lost, stolen or destroyed Tickets. This Ticket may not be used for advertising, promotion, or other trade purposes without the express written consent of JCC.
b. Bearer assumes any and all risks in any way relating to the Event, the purchase of tickets hereunder or the use of the Site, including risk of loss or damage to Bearer’s personal property and risks of personal injury. JCC and each of its Indemnitees (as defined below), successors and assigns shall not be held responsible legally, financially or otherwise, (i) for any personal property that is left, lost, stolen, damaged or misplaced anywhere in the Facility or at Facility’s access points, and (ii) for personal injuries sustained by Bearer arising from, or relating to, the Event, whether such injuries occur during or subsequent to the Event.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. JCC GRANTS THIS LICENSE TO ENTER THE FACILITY ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND GRANTS THIS LICENSE TO PURCHASE TICKETS ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF TICKETS, THE PURCHASE OF TICKETS, THE EVENT, THE FACILITY, OR THE ARTISTS.
- Indemnification. Bearer and Purchaser shall defend, covenant not to sue, indemnify, and hold harmless and forever release, JCC, its sponsors, participants and Event personnel, and the affiliates, officials, officers, directors, principals, members, employees, personnel, volunteers, authorized agents, predecessors, assigns, successors, licensees and designees of each of the above (collectively “Indemnitees”) from any and all injuries (whether personal injuries, property damage or otherwise), demands, suits, costs and/or claims relating in any way to the Event, the purchase of tickets hereunder or use of the Site.
- Bearer’s Conduct. JCC and the Facility maintain a zero-tolerance policy regarding illegal or illicit drug use at the Event. Bearer, in order to gain entry into the Facility, hereby affirmatively, knowingly, intelligently and voluntarily consents to be searched by JCC for the presence of illegal or illicit drugs, weapons and/or other prohibited items prior to or during Bearer’s presence at the Event or Facility. JCC and the Facility maintain a zero-tolerance policy regarding lewd and lascivious behavior or conduct, including but not limited to, disorderly or violent behavior or vulgar or violent language. Bearer hereby acknowledges and agrees that the discovery of any prohibited items or such lewd and lascivious behavior shall constitute a violation of JCC’s policies and terms and conditions and shall correspondingly give JCC the right to confiscate any such prohibited item(s) and/or correspondingly give JCC the right to immediately revoke Bearer’s License to access the Facility, and to deny Bearer any future entry to the Event or Facility without any legal or financial liability to JCC.
- Disputes. Bearer and Purchaser acknowledge and agree that any disputes arising from, or relating to Purchaser’s purchase of Tickets hereunder or any relationship or dispute between Bearer and JCC, Purchaser and JCC, Bearer and any company or person employed by or which is affiliated with JCC, or Purchaser and any company or person employed by or which is affiliated with JCC (a “Dispute”) shall only be resolved subject to FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION, and may only be resolved through an individual arbitration governed by the Federal Arbitration Act or by the applicable sections of the Missouri Arbitration code. THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT GIVE UP THEIR RESPECTIVE RIGHTS TO GO TO COURT in connection with any Dispute and acknowledge and agree that such Dispute(s) will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY. NO PARTY TO WHICH THIS AGREEMENT APPLIES SHALL BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING, INCLUDING CLASS ARBITRATION, IN CONNECTION WITH ANY DISPUTE. The parties shall participate in non-binding mediation at least 30 days before commencing any arbitration (or taking any other action if applicable). If the parties are unable to resolve a Dispute by informal means, the arbitration of Disputes will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in accordance with Commercial Arbitration Rules, and if deemed appropriate by the arbitrator, the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. Such arbitration shall be conducted in St. Louis, Missouri. Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement must be brought in the Circuit Court of St. Louis, County, Missouri or, if jurisdiction permits, in the U.S. District Court in the Eastern District of Missouri, Eastern Division in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Governing Law; Facility. This Agreement and all claims relating to or arising out of this Agreement or the breach thereof, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Missouri, notwithstanding any contrary choice-of-law principles.
- Assignment; Entire Agreement. JCC shall, at all times, have the right to assign or delegate any or all of its rights, titles, interests or duties hereunder without notification to, or consent by, Bearer and Purchaser. Bearer and Purchaser acknowledge and agree that the terms and conditions set forth herein, as supplemented by the terms and conditions on the Site, as amended from time to time by JCC with or without notification to Bearer and Purchaser, and those additional policies published at the Facility, represent the entire agreement between Bearer, Purchaser and the JCC with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement.
- Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, the unenforceable provision shall not affect the otherwise valid terms or provisions or the whole of this Agreement. The applicable terms or provisions shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to render such provision enforceable, and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be construed and enforced accordingly, preserving to the fullest permissible extent, the intent and agreements of the parties set forth herein.
If Purchaser does not agree with these terms and conditions, do not purchase a ticket and exit this website.
We hope that you have a great time at the Event.