The J in Chesterfield includes a fully-equipped, state-of-the-art Pilates studio that allows our staff to offer both private and group sessions at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. Our knowledgeable team of PMA-recognized instructors will guide your session based on your fitness level and goals. Pilates is a comprehensive fitness system or a great complement to your existing workouts.
Pilates is a method of conditioning developed more than 90 years ago. It is a unique method of exercise that has numerous benefits. It uses resistance and your body’s weight to increase strength, lengthen muscles, increase flexibility and strengthen your core. Our staff is trained to lead members through Pilates workouts that change their bodies. From sports to performance to rehabilitation to ongoing fitness, Pilates is an appropriate workout for different body types and for those looking for different results.
Give it a try today!
- Increases muscular endurance, core strength and flexibility
- Improves posture and breathing
- Isolates individual muscle groups
- Deeply stretches muscles of the hips and spine
- Increases core strength and stability. Can help find and properly fire deep core muscles vs superficial
- Can help post-pregnancy, and properly close abdominal gap
- Allows for more challenging balance and stability work because it is stationary
- Increases Core Stability
- Increases back strength
- Increases lower body power, and upper body strength
- Great for pregnant clients, or those with knee issues
- Demands more attention and focus for proper body placement
- Stretches and aligns the spine
- Challenges the body on all planes of movement
- Can help correct spinal deformities such as those associated with Arthritis, osteoporosis and scoliosis
- Isolates deep posture muscles
For more information, contact:
Andy Hayes, 314-442-3147
Interested in Pilates Stuidio? Reach out to our fitness staff below to schedule a consultation or with questions!