The health and safety of our community and staff remain our first priority.
- All J programs (including our fitness centers) are currently closed and will reopen when we have been advised that it is safe for us to do so. Most program participants and families will receive a separate, more detailed email; however, we will continue to add information about specific programs as it becomes available on our website. And, of course, we will keep you updated via email.
- Home Delivered Meals will follow this schedule while buildings are closed:
- Monday delivery: one hot meal and four frozen meals
- Spring Break Camps are cancelled.
- The Used Book Sale is not accepting donations while the J is closed.
- IN Programming, including Sunday Friendship, is cancelled until the J reopens.
- Theatre Unlimited’s current season is postponed with the goal of continuing this production at a later date.
- The New Jewish Theatre will reschedule the upcoming performances of We Are the Levinsons and Putting it Together for later this summer. For more information, please contact our box office by email or by phone, 314-442-3283.
- Youth Theatre’s spring production of Shrek Jr. is cancelled.
- Youth Baseball is postponed until the J reopens.
- The St. Louis Jewish Book Festival event on March 25 featuring Louise Aronson will be rescheduled.
- The Maccabi Color Games scheduled for March 29 are cancelled.
- The Jewish Book Festival speaker presentation & donor event on April 1 featuring Jamie Metzl is currently cancelled. Our staff will attempt to secure a new date.
- The Family Passover Seder scheduled for April 9 is now virtual! RSVP online.
- Jewish Film Society Film screenings scheduled for April 12 & May 3 will be rescheduled.
- The Cardinals Reminiscence League meeting for April is cancelled. The May meeting is tentative, so please check back for additional updates.
- The Jewish Arts & Soul Project event on April 21 will be rescheduled.
- The Yom Hazikaron Ceremony scheduled for April 27 will not be a public event. We are researching ways to provide this ceremony digitally.
- The Yom Ha’atzmaut Celebration on April 29 is cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
- The Z3 Conference on May 17 will be rescheduled for spring 2021. Registrants will receive a full refund or may apply their registration fee to the new date.
- The Nishmah Women’s Retreat at Pere Marquette Lodge in Grafton, IL on May 1-2 is rescheduled for April 23-24, 2021. Registrants may consider making their registration fee a donation to our Nishmah programming, may apply their fee toward next year’s date or receive a full refund.
- The St. Louis Senior Olympics have been rescheduled for Labor Day Weekend.
- The St. Louis Jewish Film Festival originally scheduled for June 7-11 is rescheduled to July 19-23.
Please note that scheduling announcements are very fluid at this time. While we will be updating this page as each decision is made, the list below may or may not be a comprehensive list of every program that is affected. As best practice, we suggest you call ahead to check on the status of a program. You can reach our staff by calling 314-432-5700.
We understand that the J plays an important role in your lives, and we will keep our programs open as long as it is safe to do so. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation changes.
If you would like additional information about the Coronavirus, frequently asked questions, or how to mitigate the transmission of the disease, please explore: