Find Your Inner Olympian
You can become an athlete at any age!
The 39th annual St. Louis Senior Olympics will be held May 24-29. Each year, it brings together more than 1,200 adults ages 50-100 who compete in more than 45 events. The J and Oasis want to help you build the confidence and fitness to be a Senior Olympian!
The program, led by certified trainers and coaches, is designed to get you ready to race, throw, jump and compete! Each three-week session consists of:
- An initial evaluation to assess your strength, flexibility and balance
- Strength training focused on functional movement: proper running, throwing, jumping, landing
- Flexibility work designed to prevent injury and increase your ability to move painlessly and effectively
- Balance training to improve dexterity, reaction time and stability
- Introductions to events, and guidance toward events best suited to you
Three-week sessions meet Monday & Thursday each week.
Session 1: April 9 – 26
Session 2: April 30 – May 17
11am–12pm: The J’s Marilyn Fox Building/Chesterfield
1–2pm: Kirkwood Community Center
3–4pm: The J’s Staenberg Family Complex/Creve Coeur
$69 for one session
$119 for both
Appropriate fitness apparel
Contact: Phil Ruben, 314.442.3279