- This event has passed.
Recognition Event: Donor Drive-In
May 31, 2020 @ 8:15 pm - 11:00 pm
We’re changing things up! You help us make a difference in the lives of many, every day! On this day, we want to honor and recognize you, our amazing donors. Join us for the comedy classic Groundhog Day at our first-ever Donor Drive-In. Please bring your family! We will practice appropriate distancing and safety guidelines during this nostalgic experience. See you under the stars!
Sunday, May 31, 8:15pm
(Rainout Date: Thursday, June 4)
Kindly RSVP by May 25
RSVP to Beth Box, 314-442-3109
Please note space is limited
Staenberg Family Complex
Day Camp Pavilion Parking Lot
We can’t wait to see all of you very soon!
The J serves more than 70,000 individuals annually, through more than 200 programs and services with more than 1,000,000 touchpoints.
Thank you for your support!
Information & Guidelines
We have kept everyone’s safety and well-being in mind while planning this event. We absolutely want everyone to have fun! We would not normally provide guidelines such as these, but we ask that you please follow them so that we are able to maintain a smooth, safe, healthy and enjoyable event for everyone during this unusual time. Only one vehicle per invite is permitted due to limited spacing for social distancing procedures.
We will provide one snack sack for two, per vehicle RSVP. It will include two waters, popcorn and a treat. Feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks for any additional passengers. We encourage you to bring cards or other small games to play if you arrive early. The program will begin at 8:40pm.
- Please follow parking attendants’ direction to your parking spot. We will be following social distancing protocols approved by the county and vehicles will be spaced one empty space apart.
- You must remain in your vehicle – Unfortunately, we cannot allow chairs or tables, congregating with friends or visiting with others outside of your vehicle. You may only leave your vehicle to use the restroom.
- For the best viewing experience please arrive early. Spaces are first-come, first served. We will do our best to park vehicles with size and height in mind. Please follow the parking attendants as we try to make this an enjoyable experience for everyone! Parking spaces are not guaranteed.*
- *If you need an accessible parking space please indicate this in your RSVP.
- Upon parking, please turn vehicle off, place ignition into auxiliary, and turn off your headlights.
- Roll windows down, tune your radio into the FM station noted at the event, recline your seat, and enjoy the evening air.
- Once the movie ends, please exit slowly and safely from the lot. Parking attendants will direct traffic. There will be a lot of people leaving at once, so please be patient.
- The parking lot lights will be off during the movie, so if you need to exit early, please exit slowly and safely and be mindful of anyone walking to the restroom.
- We respectfully request that a mask be worn when using the restroom.
- Restrooms are located at the pavilion building to the left of the movie screen.
- Restrooms will be limited to two people inside at a time and a line will be formed, if necessary, with spaces marked six feet apart. There will be an attendant present to direct everyone.
- Please do not congregate in restroom area.
- One snack sack for two is provided per RSVP’d vehicle.
- Upon entering the J campus on Millstone Campus Drive, follow directional signs to the Arts & Education Building entrance for your snack sack.
- We ask that you pick up the snack sack in your vehicle. No walk-ups please in order to remain within the approved safety plan.
- Snack Sacks will be prepared in our catering kitchen with the proper PPE. Please let the representative know the name that you RSVP’d under to receive your snack sack. The snack sack will be handed over on a tray by a representative in PPE so there is no hand-to-hand contact. Please take the bag and proceed through the lot toward the day camp pavilion parking lot and parking attendants will help you get into place to enjoy the movie!
Q: How will we hear the movie?
A: Through your car radio on the FM frequency. There will be signage at the event with the correct station.
Q: Will there be security on site?
Q: Is this rain or shine?
A: No, the equipment is weather sensitive and it must remain dry. However, we do have a make-up date of Thursday, June 4 at the same time.
Q: How do I run the radio if my car is off?
A: When your vehicle is off, you should be able to turn on your radio with the ignition in the auxiliary position. This should allow your radio to work.
Q: What if I don’t have a radio in my car?
A: You may also utilize a battery-operated radio with an FM tuner if you prefer. However, there should be enough volume from other vehicles and their speakers to hear the movie.
Q: What if my car battery dies and will not start after the event?
A: Security on site will have a battery jump adapter to get you running again! A waiver will need to be signed before service is performed.
Q: Are we able to speak to the people parked in spaces near us, out of our windows or sunroof?
A: Of course. We just ask that you remain physically inside your vehicles to follow social distancing and approved safety
protocols. Once the movie starts, sit back and enjoy the show!