Sports Camps at the J!
2018 Camp Dates: May 29 – August 10
Weekly registration closes the Wednesday before camps begin
The J is the place to play this summer! J Day Camps offers a large variety of both recreational and professional Sports Camps. Your camper can hone their skills, learn a new sport or just play their favorite sports with their friends. Choose one or choose many, we’re here to be your home for sports camps in 2018!
Blast Off Week | May 29 – June 1
- Hi-NRG Ninja Obstacle Course (K-6) – Creve Coeur
Ninja Obstacles are great ways for kids to build coordination, strength, agility and most of all, confidence! Our enthusiastic, knowledgeable coaches make healthy movement fun and engaging.
- Scott Gallagher Soccer Camp (K-6) – Creve Coeur
This program focuses on individual ball skills, developing proper technique and building confidence with the ball at one’s feet. Activities also include various 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 activities and small games.
- Kelvin Lee Basketball (Grades K-8) – Chesterfield
Coach Kelvin Lee has taught the likes of NBA All-Stars Bradley Beal and David Lee. Now, he’s coming to the J to coach you! Campers enhance their skills on the hardwood including passing, dribbling, shooting & defense.
- Cheer, Dance and Spirit (Grades K – 6) – Chesterfield
Campers learn to cheer, jump, tumble, dance and build self-confidence, teamwork and friendships. Families are invited to a pep rally at the end of the week.
Hyman Multin Multi-Sports Camp – Creve Coeur
June 4 – August 10
Grades K – 6
The right balance of traditional and recreational sports. Along with baseball, basketball, soccer and floor hockey, campers will enjoy wiffleball, lacrosse, ga-ga, capture the flag, wall ball, swimming & more! Older campers select their afternoon activity from a list of options.
Gymnastics Camp – Creve Coeur
June 4 – August 10
Grades K – 6
Jump, roll and flip! And swim! Run by skilled instructors, campers build agility, flexibility, coordination and confidence.
Maccabi Sports Camp – Chesterfield
June 4 – August 10
Grades K – 2
Maccabi Sports combines the best of everything: recreational games, sports clinics, swimming and field trips. Send your child for one week or all ten to experience this awesome opportunity to compete!
Kelvin Lee Basketball Camp – Chesterfield
June 4 – 8 | July 16 – 20
Grades 3 – 8
Basketball Coach Kelvin Lee has taught the likes of NBA All-Stars Bradley Beal and David Lee. Now, he’s coming to the J to coach you! Campers enhance their skills on the hardwood including passing, dribbling, shooting & defense.
Scott Gallagher Soccer Camp – Chesterfield
June 11 – 15 | July 23 – 27
Grades 3 – 8
The Scott Gallagher Soccer Club has been training soccer players for over 40 years and they’re bringing their expertise to the J. Camp will focus on individual ball skills, developing proper technique and, of course, plenty of game play!
St. Louis Blues Crew Street Hockey – Chesterfield
June 18 – 22 | August 6 – 10
Grades 3 – 8
Blues staff members and a Blues celebrity will be on site for a fun week of street hockey. Campers will participate in drills and game play and will receive a Street Blues Playbook.
Girls Got Game – All Girls Hyman Multin Multi-Sports Camp – Creve Coeur
June 25 – 29 | July 23 – 27
Two weeks where the spotlight shines on the girls! This group is separate from the boys. Older campers choose their afternoon activity from a list of options. This camp includes swimming
Hi-NRG Ninja Obstacle Course – Chesterfield
June 25 – 29 | July 30 – August 3
Think you’re ready to compete on American Ninja Warrior? Test and improve your skills as the instructors from Hi-NRG Gymnastics bring their expertise and equipment to the J!
Fred McConnell Baseball Camp – Chesterfield
July 9 – 13
Grades 3 – 7
Coach McConnell won numerous championships (including 4 Missouri State Titles) in his illustrious career as a baseball and softball coach for Parkway South and John Burroughs. He has been inducted to the Missouri High School Baseball Hall of Fame, the Missouri High School Softball Hall of Fame and the St. Louis Amateur Baseball Hall of Fame. Now he’s bringing his knowledge to the J to teach campers fielding and hitting skills. Join Coach McConnell for a week you’ll never forget!
J Day Camps includes certified swim instruction
Both J locations have multiple indoor and outdoor pools and offer certified swim instruction or free swim daily. Our swim program helps campers achieve confidence and success in the pool.
Camp is offered weekly
You may sign up for one week or a full summer of fun. Mix and match among sports, arts, gymnastics and more.
More than just a summer of fun, J Day Camps provide a lifetime of memories. Campers make new friends, learn new skills and have fun all summer long. Whether your camper wants to play sports all day, create works of art or try a little bit of everything, we have a camp for him or her. We also offer awesome, all-camp programs such as Maccabi Color Day, morning flag pole, Wacky Wednesday and Friday Shabbat. All full-day campers swim daily. All camps run 9am – 3pm and are for K-6th grade unless otherwise noted.
Special Days This Summer
We partner with a variety of organizations to bring exciting, entertaining and educational experiences to the J. Mark your calendar!
June 22: Maccabi Color Games
July 6: Wet & Wild Day (featuring water inflatables and games)
July 18 & 19: Fencing
August 2: Israel Day
our Afternoon Focus gives our oldest campers, grades 3-6, the opportunity to select their afternoon activities. Each Monday, campers will select two focuses and enjoy these activities Tuesday through Thursday. (Campers enjoy one focus on Friday and the second activity is all-camp Shabbat.) Focuses range from arts and crafts, to sports, singing, nature and science.
Pre and Post Care…
7am – 9am and/or 3pm – 6pm
For grades K – 6. Ideal for working families! Campers may extend their days with even more fun and structured activities, including arts and crafts, games, science and swimming. A kosher snack is provided in the afternoon. Campers are grouped by age, and enrollment is by the week.
Take a break from making lunch! For only $30 per week, campers can enjoy a delicious, nutritious, kosher lunch. Register for lunch when you register for camp. Lunch registrations must be completed at least one week in advance. All meals include a side, drink and dessert. Sorry, no substitutions.
Monday: Hot Dog
Tuesday: Cheese Quesadilla
Wednesday: Chicken Nuggets
Thursday: Pizza Bagel
The J welcomes and invites all persons, including those with disabilities, to participate in its camps and other programs. Program participation is based upon an appropriate match between the individual and a particular program. Where feasible and suitable, the J provides necessary supports, including individualized programming.
The Inclusion program provides the opportunity for children with special needs to attend camp with their typically developing peers. Our goal is to include all campers. In order to best assess if a child is a good fit for our program, families must participate in an intake process. If a child is aggressive, a threat to him/herself or others, or even with extra support from our staff cannot participate in our program safely, J Day Camps may not be a good fit.
Inclusion Counselors are hired specifically to work with children with special needs. They have backgrounds in special education or a related field and/or other life experiences that provide them with the necessary skill set. Additional training is provided and required for all inclusion counselors. All of our staff must participate in an application, interview and background check process. All Inclusion Counselors are First Aid/CPR certified and must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma.
There is no additional fee (in addition to the J Day Camps fee) for inclusion support at J Day Camps up to 40 hours/week. A nominal fee may be assessed for campers who attend camp more than 40 hours per week. Limited space available so please inquire early.
Contact: Sara Carpenter, 314-442-3295
Click here to learn more about inclusion.
Register online or via our paper form in 2018!
Paper Form Registration Information
Return your completed application and forms:
Mail – J Day Camps, Attn: Michelle Carbone, 2 Millstone Campus Drive, St. Louis MO 63146
Email – Michelle Carbone
In Person: at either J location
Download your forms:
- 2018 Application
- Camp Waiver and Release
- Medication Consent/Behavior Policy
- Physician Statement & Consent to Treat
Online Registration Information
1. If anyone in your household is a J member or has participated in ANY J program (even if they are not a member), your family has an existing J account. PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT!
a. To access your account please go to jccstl.org and click on My J Account at the top of the homepage.
b. If you do not know or have forgotten your username or password please click on the Forgot Password link.
i. If you do not recall the email address associated with your account, email Michelle Carbone.
2. If you do not have an existing J account, you may register as a nonmember and create an account.
3. During online registration, if you need to make a correction or go back in the registration, click the back button at the bottom of the page. Do not click the home icon on the top as this will restart the registration process, not saving any previous selections.
Please note that early bird, holiday, and bundle discounts will be calculated and applied on the summary page.
a. Please complete each child’s registration, including payment, separately. Otherwise, discounts will not be calculated correctly.
i. Sibling Discount will be added by registrar after registration process is complete.
4. You will be prompted to download these additional forms during the online registration:
a. The Registration/Payment Policies–please read carefully.
b. Physician’s Statement 2018 – Must be completed, signed by a physician, and returned by May 11, 2018.
5. When adding a new credit card to your J account to pay the Day Camp deposit, the billing address field has a 20 character limit. If the address has more than 20 characters, please enter only the first 20.
6. To add, cancel, or switch weeks in your camper’s schedule after submitting the online registration, please contact Michelle Carbone.
Terms and Conditions
- A credit card must be on file for ALL registrations. Please fill out the credit card information to be used for camp payments and additional camp charges. This authorizes all Day Camp payments to be charged to this credit card.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit per child is required to complete a registration and will be applied toward camp fees.
- All camp fees must be paid in full by May 15. If registering after May 1, camp fees must be paid in full with registration.
- Applications submitted less than one week prior to the start of camp are assessed an additional $25 processing fee.
- Registrations are only accepted until 11:59pm the Wednesday before a session begins.
- A $25 camp change fee is assessed for the second and each subsequent requested change to a camper’s schedule.
- Notify the Day Camp Operations Coordinator in writing at email@example.com of any cancellations.
- Cancellation of entire registration, at least 14 days prior to the start of camp, results in a full refund; less the non-refundable deposit (deposit is not withheld if a portion of registration remains).
- No refund is issued for any programming that begins within 14 days of cancellation notice.
- No pro-rated or full refund shall be permitted if a camper leaves before the end of the period for which he or she has been registered.
- No refunds for missing camp due to illnesses. We do not offer partial payment for days missed.