Places everyone! The Youth Theatre Program is an all-inclusive educational theatre program for grades K-9. In addition to learning about theatre, we strive to help students build confidence, improve communication and increase skills. Theatre is an experience your child will never forget; it’s a unique group effort that requires everyone’s participation to bring a show to life. We invite you to take the stage with the J Youth Theatre Program!
Learn multiple facets of acting with our new specialized workshops featuring local theater professionals. Take your acting and entertaining skills to the next level or broaden your range of skills. Gain confidence and learn to shine on stage!
- Stage Combat with Michael Pierce – January 13
- Actor Combatant with the Society of American Fight Directors, and professional actor and teaching artist in St. Louis
- Broadway Dance with Cecily Dowd – February 10
- Sophomore musical theatre major at Webster UniversityPuppetry Art with Jeanie Bryan (3/10)
- Puppetry Art with Jeanie Bryan – March 10
- Puppeteer known for unforgettable characters and many styles of puppet-making and performing
- On-camera Acting with Mackenzie Finklea – April 14
- A directing major at the Conservatory of Theatre Arts at Webster University
Grades 3 – 10
January 13, February 10, March 10, April 14
11am-12:30pm (90 min per workshop)
All Four Workshops: $120 members/$140 public – SAVE $20!
Individual Workshop: $35 members/$40 public
Space is limited! Reserve your spot today!
We’re all in this together in Disney Channel’s smash hit musical phenomenon featuring the students of East High. Disney Channel’s hit movie musical comes to life on the J stage in Disney’s High School Musical JR. Troy, Gabriella and the students of East High must deal with issues of love, friends and family while balancing their classes and extracurricular activities. The show’s infectious, danceable songs are sure to engage performers and audiences alike. Students will learn how we don’t have to be just one thing, we can be anything our heart desires in this one-of-a-kind musical spectacular.
Staenberg Family Complex/Creve Coeur
January 20, 1-4pm (time determined by age)
Sundays, January 27 – April 28, 1:30-4pm
Tech Rehearsals: Monday & Tuesday, April 29 & 30
Staenberg Family Complex/Creve Coeur
Wednesday, May 1, 7pm
Thursday, May 2, 7pm
Sunday, May 5, 11am & 3pm
$275 for members/$300 for general public
$25 off each additional child
Calm your nerves, meet the staff and get excited about auditions for High School Musical Jr.
K-3rd Grades: Sunday, January 13, 1-2:30pm
4th Grade & Up: Sunday, January 13, 2:30-4pm
$30 members, $40 public
Receive $10 off registration for spring production when you register for the audition workshop
Private vocal lessons with Michelle Perkowitz-Fritz
Enhance your vocal abilities in this one-on-one setting.
About your instructor:
Ages 3rd grade and up! Mrs. Perkowitz-Fritz is a local vocal and piano teacher, who has loved working as the J’s Youth Theatre musical director. She received a degree in Music Performance with a major concentration in voice and a minor in piano. She has been teaching private voice lessons for several years.
By appointment (classes are 30 minutes)
6-week Session $250 members/$270 public
8-week Session $340 members/$360 public
Single Sessions $45 members/$55 public (Bundle in 6-8 week sessions and save)
- Toured nationally as principal dancer with Advocate Arts Contemporary Dance and Fuerta Dance
- Director of Applause Performing Arts Camp in Duluth, Georgia
- Instructor at Fabrefaction Theater Conservatory in Atlanta, Georgia
- Choreographer for Live Arts Theatre’s production of “Cabaret” and” Zephyr Planet”
- Instructor of dance at Atlanta JCC
What makes the J Youth Theatre Program so unique?
- Everyone who auditions is cast in every show
- We welcome first-time actors, as well as those who are more experienced
- Rehearsals are concentrated on Sunday afternoons until right before the production
- You become part of the Youth Theatre family, creating bonds, collaborating with friends and sharing your progress and successes as performers
For more information about Youth Theatre, please contact Youth Theatre Director, Amber Franek, 314.442.3239.
Youth Theatre Sponsor
Peter Pan Jr. – Spring 2018
Lion King Jr. – Spring 2017